Education

My education began in Kamloops BC, at Parkcrest elementary, where I attended grades K-7, then I transition to Brocklehurst Middle School, which became a middle school the year I was heading into grade 8. Four years later, in 2015, I graduated from Norkam Secondary and immediately made the shift into post secondary as an English major at Simon Fraser University.

Myself (red) on graduation, and four girls I have had the pleasure of knowing my entire life (2015).

Working alongside colleagues and friends in film production (2019).

After two years at SFU, I left the school to enter into Capilano University’s Film and Motion Picture Arts program. There I spent two years working alongside other creatives to bring concepts from the page to the screen. I graduated out of the program with a diploma in film in 2019. Afterwards I kept up my studies at Thompson Rivers University in my hometown of Kamloops, BC, until early 2020 when I was invited to enter into TRU’s education program, where I have been working and studying to pursue a career as an education provider.

Here is a link to a short, very simple video I made in my first semester at film school. I progressed as a film maker after making this video, but it showcases my grandmother’s home, her voice, and a short story about her life raising my father. It is very close to my heart, and perhaps one of my favourite creations to come out of my time at film school.