A Video from Me!

EDEF 3100 Video Reflection, October 4th 2020.

It is very humbling to look back and hear how I sounded and my outlook on teaching just six months ago. So much has changed since then, and I believe that I am definitely a stronger teacher candidate for it, but I also believe that my general disposition has stayed the same. I am reliable, I am strong-willed, I am creative, and I will be a good teacher. If this year has told me anything, it’s that I am a person who also perseveres. 2020 and now 2021 have tested all of us, but if I can make my way during such stilted times, I can make my way anywhere, anytime.
If I had the chance to to go back and tell this Molly from October 2020 what her journey ahead would look like, I would tell her to get out of that bed and get comfy at her desk, because being at home and at school is not easy. There was certainly a learning curve that came with no longer having a space to ‘leave and learn in’, but now that I’ve gotten used to it, I am amazed at what I was able to accomplish during that time. I learned so much about myself that will help me as a teacher, and I am looking forward to reflecting on who I am now in another six months.